GOSPEL FOR ASIA

Thursday, August 26, 2010



This is the first photo taken of my wife (Stacey) and I the day I asked her out on June 3, 2008. Prior to us "dating" I was in a depressed state, having lost my mother (grandmother) the year before and trying to find myself in the world that I was in, all I felt was emptiness.

I grew up in a very affluent family and was raised by my grandparents. I was trying to figure out how to live for God without having my past corrupt my future. I didn't want my idealistic to mess with God's plan. I knew that I was viewing God through the lens of my past and current experiences. At this point in my life I had just sold my penthouse condo in Maple Ridge, was working part time for Starbucks in addition to being a property manager for my dad (grandfather). I viewed the world as something to conquer with my dad's money. I felt powerful because I managed my dad's assets and was in control, to some degree. I firmly believed in the Prosperity Gospel. I now realize how flawed this philosophy really is and how perverted my thinking was. I was left in a state of constantly seeking the "experience" of God rather than actually seeking God's will.

June 3, 2008 was the beginning of something special. Up until this point I had been praying that God would send me a wife. I was depressed because I was alone, and worried about my future. Financially I felt secure but socially I was a disaster. Now here is a WARNING, when God moves it seems that most of the time its slow, but sometimes its faster than anything you could ever anticipate and that's just what happened. We now know why which I'll discuss in another post.

To make a long story short, we agreed to go out sometime on June 3, were engaged on June 26 and married on August 31. Prior to June 3 we had met only a few times. Isn't God amazing. We've never regretted our decision (even for a moment), praise the Lord!

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD. Proverbs 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment